busuu is the world´s largest social network for learning languages with currently more than 50 million users around the world and up to 40k new registered users per day. We offer free access to audio-visual language courses in several languages. At the same time, users can improve their language skills directly with other native speakers of our community via an integrated video chat application and peer-to-peer text corrections.
The vision of busuu is to enable everyone in the world to learn a new language. We currently offer 12 languages and are the leading online English language-Learning platform in Germany, France, Russia and Brazil.
In December 2014, busuu was selected by Google as one of the best Android Apps in the world and we have received other prestigious awards such as ‘Best Ed-tech Startup’ in Europe.
We are backed by Profiunders Capital and some amazing angel investors, including Martin Varsavsky. Over the next 3 years we aim to reach over 100 million registered users, triple revenues and be well on the way to an IPO or acquisition. Currently, our BI team includes an ex-Bain consultant.
We a friendly and fun, experienced international team who come from a variety of backgrounds but who share a passion for tech start-ups and education. Besides the opportunity to impact digital language education, we offer a generous equity scheme, free private healthcare and gym membership. We also provide free breakfast every morning and snacks throughout the day.
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence professional who will help us to identify and manage the main growth levers for our company.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to dive into massive data sets and find the golden nuggets at the core of our business, driving the most critical KPI’s of the company. You will have a crucial role to play in providing data expertise to busuu’s executive and product development teams, empowering them to make data driven decisions to support the constant improvement of our product and overall business. You’ll lead the analysis of complex data from multiple sources, detecting problems with performance of campaigns or processes and suggesting improvements that result in optimisation of the business. You will also be a source of innovation and learning around new technologies in the field of machine learning and adaptive learning.
You’re the part of busuu with real-life data problems to solve. You’ll bring the knowledge and drive to innovate new technology adoption in the data space, both within the team and in product development across busuu.
These are exciting times for BI at busuu. Come and lead the way.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with finance to drive monthly reporting of company’s core metrics and financial performance.
- Analyse data trends and driving insights into the business that enable customer-centric behaviours, which will amplify the business’ performance.
- Using the huge pool of data at your disposal to develop novel strategies to target our users.
- Work closely with executive team to examine performance trends of the business on an on-going basis and identify areas for product and/or marketing optimisation to increase user engagement and revenue.
- Work closely with the product and education team to implement adaptive learning within our courses using new technologies.
Skills & Experience:
- Top Tier Management Consultancy or BI roles in data-driven startups.
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths, Business or equivalent.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of SQL and other programming languages is a plus.
- Experience working with Tableau, KISSmetrics, AppAnnie and Optimizely.
- Background working with payment gateways and other payment platforms (e.g. Zuora, Adyen) would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to apply analytical and creative thought to gain intelligent data insights.
- Understanding of all stages in a development project lifecycle.
- Experience of working within a high growth company with a large, global user base.
- Commercially minded and always thinking of the customers’ current and future needs.
- You will have the ability to use your initiative and prioritise effectively.
- You will have the ability to interpret complex data sets and come up with coherent recommendations.
- Experience executing A/B and multivariate testing.
- You live and breath data, and can use it to help executive teams make the right decisions.
- Used to working in a fast paced start up environment.
- Knowledge of the Busuu language is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.busuu.com/jobs?gh_jid=72431 →