busuu is the world´s largest social network for learning languages with currently more than 50 million users around the world and up to 40k new registered users per day. We offer free access to audio-visual language courses in several languages. At the same time, users can improve their language skills directly with other native speakers of our community via an integrated video chat application and peer-to-peer text corrections. The vision of busuu is to enable everyone in the world to learn a new language. We currently offer 12 languages and are growing strongly especially in emerging markets such as China, Brazil and Russia.
In 2014, busuu was selected by Google as one of the best Android Apps in the world and we have received other prestigious awards such as ‘Best Ed-tech Startup’ in Europe.
We are a friendly and fun, experienced international team who come from a variety of backgrounds but who share a passion for tech start-ups and education. Besides the opportunity to impact digital language education, we offer a generous equity scheme, free private healthcare and gym membership. We also provide free breakfast every morning and snacks throughout the day.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager – Payments to join one of the fastest growing education start-ups in the world, based in Old Street, London.
As the Product Manager – Payments, you will be responsible for optimising our payment flows for our product on mobile & web and therefore increase paid conversion. We have paying customers in over 150 countries and are committed to providing them with the most satisfying payment experience possible. You will work in a close-knit Product team, delivering best in class payment flows for our worldwide user base of a more than 50 million people.
You will be passionate about online commerce and our users, as the customer is at the centre of everything you do.
At busuu things move fast. If you’re competitive, want to work with smart, creative and energetic people and possess the initiative, confidence and good judgment to make independent decisions every day – then you’re probably the perfect addition to our growing team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for our Subscription Management Platform Zuora
- Managing relationships and implementing optimization projects with our existing payment gateways (Adyen, Allpago , PayPal and others).
- Identifying and implementing new online and mobile payment partners globally (with special focus on emerging markets such as Turkey, China, Russia and LATAM).
- Optimizing our payment plans, pricing strategies and retention programs.
- Managing and optimising our risk parameters with each of our payment gateway partners.
- Working with our BI analyst to define and measure success of new payment features.
- Tracking and managing chargebacks and refunds, implementing best-in-class practices to guarantee user satisfaction.
- Defining and executing A/B, and multi-variant testing of our payment flow across platforms.
- Writing clear and concise requirements supported by your UX skills where necessary.
- Collaborating and driving prioritized requirements across design and engineering to ensure efficient product delivery.
- Managing all aspects of revenue collection within product development cycles including setting scopes, managing progress, and reporting efficiently to all stakeholders.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science and/or finance.
- Several years working experience in a similar role, ideally within a fast-growing e-commerce platform
- Experience working closely with Adyen and Paypal platforms.
- Proven track record in global e-commerce business, across both web and mobile.
- Prior experience working across multiple languages, cultures, and currencies.
- Experience with international payment methods (local credit cards, bank transfers, etc.) for web and mobile on high volume platforms.
- Understanding of risk/fraud settings within payment gateway platforms.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, experience with A/B and multivariate tests
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and optimization software such as Kissmetrics.
- Strong project management experience including planning, scheduling, prioritization, action item tracking and project communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritize work and focus on generating business results.
- Razor sharp intellect, coupled with sound judgment & decision-making.
- Start-up experience.
- Experience with the Zuora subscriptions and payments platform.
- Experience with direct carrier billing integrations
- Knowledge/experience with billing operations and/or fraud operations is a plus.
- Experience with PCI compliance desirable
- Knowledge of the Busuu language 😉
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.busuu.com/jobs?gh_jid=70334 →