Business Development Intern with FutureLearn
This paid internship will be 8-12 weeks this summer (depending on the availability of the individual) and will focus on finding and securing accreditation bodies for certain FutureLearn courses in order to increase Statement and Certificate sales. This is a key area of interest for the company and board. Accreditations will increase the value of FutureLearn courses, and will benefit the millions of learners on the platform.
You will gain exposure to the Content, B2C Sales, and Marketing teams. This is ideal for a person who is looking for project-based work in the EdTech industry. Also, FutureLearn has a collaborative, creative, and fun startup environment!
– Competitive analysis – Understand the MOOC accreditation landscape and find areas for opportunity
– Prioritisation – Select 10-15 FutureLearn courses to seek accreditation based on sales potential
– Research – Research and select accreditation bodies that are most valuable to the learners
– Business Development – Pitch FutureLearn to accreditation bodies
– Project Management – Follow up on securing accreditations involving application processes, content provider approvals (i.e. liaising with universities), budget approvals, moving the approvals forward, working with the marketing team and copywriters to announce new accreditations to learners, etc.
Candidates should have at least 2 years of experience preferably in: business/ education/ marketing; strong project management, research, and writing skills; an interest in the EdTech sector; and a good sense of humour.
If interested, please send a short covering note and CV to Phoebe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
FutureLearn is a young company founded in 2013 and currently based in the British Library next door to St. Pancras station. It is the world’s 3rd largest MOOC provider with over 3 million registered users. Our mission is to pioneer the best social learning experiences for everyone anywhere.
We offer a diverse selection of free, high quality online courses from over 60 of the world’s leading universities and other outstanding cultural institutions such as the British Museum, the BFI, the BBC and the British Council.
As a company to work for, FutureLearn is collaborative, innovative and motivated. We work together in small, multidisciplinary and agile teams. We help each other to learn, develop and we reflect on our work processes so we can improve the way we do things.