Skoove is a music technology start-up located in Berlin. More than every second person would like to learn how to make music. Our mission is to make music education fun, effective and accessible to everybody. We make interactive apps to learn piano and guitar on web and mobile. In June 2015 we release our first product, the world’s first interactive online piano lessons. Find out more at www.skoove.com.
The team currently consists of four highly qualified executives and experts combining more than 60 years of experience in music and technology with a track record founding and growing companies and releasing inspiring products.
CTO – Music Tech Startup
(Berlin, immediate, full-time, m/f)
To complement our executive team, we are looking for a team leader for our cross platform web and iOS development.
You will work hand in hand with the CEO and the Director Software Engineering driving technological innovation in our young company, taking it from product launch to large scale. In the beginning, you will also be in the trenches coding.
- Define architecture, components, frameworks, interfaces, and other relevant characteristics of the software system enabling high performance including real-time audio processing, reliability, and scalability.
- Drive the implementation of the concepts into a state-of-the-art system; manage its improvement and extension throughout the whole life cycle.
- Build, lead and develop your team.
- Select, manage, and monitor external developers and other service partners.
- Implement custom native user experiences using the latest web and iOS technologies available.
- Contribute to product strategy and definition.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As member of the leadership team, you will have the opportunity to strongly influence the product, as well as the company, to meet your ideas and values.
- Competitive salary; participation in employee stock ownership plan
- Your work will make a difference; recognized inside and outside the company
- Lean hierarchies and short decision making processes
- Fast, sustainable growth and daily new challenges
- Office located in vibrant Berlin
You have several years of experience building cross platform software development teams. You excel in driving consistent releases of commercially successful products investing minimal resources.
- Natural leader with track record in building and developing teams
- Team player with proven strong implementation desire and capability
- Strong interest and wide knowledge of software technology and frameworks
- Experience managing suppliers and implementing partnerships
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Bachelor degree in computer science (or comparable) with a Master degree preferred
- Very good English language skills, German a plus
- Desirable experience: user experience design, e-learning, start-up, music, e-learning
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION? Please send an email including your CV (attachment or link) to Stephan at firstname.lastname@example.org