A great opportunity has arisen for an entrepreneurial candidate from a consulting background to lead busuu’s business development and marketing efforts in China.
You will have a crucial role to play in busuu’s growth in China, our largest market, providing insight into our commercial, marketing and product initiatives, identifying opportunities for user acquisition, partnerships and monetisation. In addition, you will be intimately involved with mobile partnerships, marketing campaigns and conversion optimisation.
As a Country Manager for China you we will be given freedom, accountability and tools needed to implement new and creative ideas/solutions that would put busuu on an even higher level of performance in the area of international expansion
What does a Country Manager do at busuu?
You’ll have strategic management responsibility for our growth in China – measuring and analyzing all relevant actions, forecasting needs and goals essential to building our user acquisition and conversion strategy.
You will be expected to know the Chinese market like the back of your hand, delivering relevant market research in a timely manner that you’ll use to implement our market strategy: user acquisition campaigns, product positioning, communications strategies, pricing analyses and strategic partnerships.
You’ll set-up, maintain and develop our strategies in the market, around user acquisition, engagement, retention and monetisation. You will be expected to constantly search for new opportunities, new tools, campaign ideas and conduct competitive analysis that we can use to attract new users, drive revenue and build partnerships.
What we’re looking for from a Country Manager at busuu!
- Proven experience in highly developing start-up, with proven success in growth of new markets.
- Strong knowledge of business practices in China.
- Strong understanding of the PRC market, specifically as it pertains to mobile operators and mobile applications/digital platforms.
- Track record in strategic planning and new business development (e.g. establishment of strategic relationships), specifically in China.
- Experience in market and user research, ideally with intercom.io, or other similar platforms.
- Outstanding analytical skills – not only seeing data but using it to create and drive business solutions.
- Proven track record of building community and performance marketing management in a fast-growing business, with measurable results.
- Commercially minded with an eye for users’ current and future needs.
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast paced environment with enthusiasm and good sense of humor.
- Strong communication skills to cooperate with other teams (Product, Marketing etc).
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English.
Not ticking every box or think you’ve got that unique set of skills we haven’t realised we need? Get in touch anyway; we’re always looking to add great people at every level.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options in a Series B funded company through a tax efficient EMI scheme.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Gym membership.
- Free breakfast and snacks.
- Free dinner if you need to stay late.
- Regular company trips (our last was to Madrid) and evenings out in London.
- Friday socialising – we make sure we stop working and spend time together at the end of the week.
busuu is the world´s largest social network for learning languages with over 55 million users around the world and acquiring up to 100k new users per day. We offer free and paid-for access to audio-visual language courses in several languages. At the same time, users can improve their language skills directly with other native speakers of our community via an integrated video chat application and peer-to-peer text corrections. The vision of busuu is to enable everyone in the world to learn a new language.
In 2014, busuu was selected by Google as one of the best Android Apps in the world and we have received other prestigious awards such as ‘Best Ed-tech Startup’ in Europe. In addition, we are regularly featured by both Apple and Google.
We recently closed a €6 million Series B fundraise and signed a strategic partnership with McGraw Hill Education in order to work with them on adaptive learning technologies, among other areas.
We are a friendly and fun, experienced international team who come from a variety of backgrounds but who share a passion for tech start-ups and education. Besides the opportunity to impact digital language education, we offer a generous equity scheme, free private healthcare and gym membership. We also provide free breakfast every morning and snacks throughout the day.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.busuu.com/jobs?gh_jid=114392 →